Monday, April 16, 2012


Caroline was completely back to herself on Saturday morning so off to gymnastics we went.  (The girls LOVED it. I'm so glad I signed them up - the place we are going is really cool and they have so much equipment and things for the girls to work up to.)  We came home and kind of just piddled around the house. It was a nice day but the younger two just weren't in the mood for going outside for whatever reason.  I wasn't feeling up to it either, now I know why.  I made dinner, a new recipe actually that was pretty good, but now I'm regretting it because I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat it again.  Piper didn't want to eat - she had fallen asleep on the couch.  All of a sudden she ran to the bathroom....barf.  I sprang to action and got everything cleaned up and her on the couch.  She threw up again and after getting that barf bucket cleaned up, I sat down on the couch next to her and realized that I wasn't feeling so hot.  Was it just that I was feeling nauseous because of her getting sick or was I getting sick too.  Didn't have to wait long to figure the answer to that question out.  By 8:30, I was sick too.  Piper and I just laid there on the couch miserable.  Jason put the big kids to bed.  Piper threw up a few more times and then was begging to go to bed.  Jay got her to bed because at that point I had no energy.  I felt so weak and could not believe I had completely depleted myself in less than an hour.  The girls only had vomiting.....I was not that lucky, which is probably why I was so much more depleted than they were.  I finally stopped throwing up sometime after midnight and was able to keep some water down around 2am but by that point I was having such terrible stomach cramps and my body ached all over, I just couldn't sleep so I went down on the couch and dozed.  Woke up around 4:30 and watched some boring, old biography of Shirley Temple (why does Piper remind me of her?).  Dozed some more and then the kids started coming down around 6:30.  Piper seemed to be fine - she hadn't thrown up any more over night.  She got off pretty easy.  I went back to bed and finally felt brave enough after keeping ginger ale down to take some ibuprofen to stop the pounding in my head and aches in my body.  That helped but I just felt so worn out.

I pretty much laid around all day. Slept off and on.  Ruined our plans to go and have a joint birthday celebration at my mom's with Jason's family to celebrate my SIL, Jason and my dad's birthdays.  Boo.  Bryce was really disappointed.  I finally sat and at a piece of toast and some crackers at dinner and felt a little better but still wiped out.  I went to bed at my normal time and couldn't believe how tired I was after sleeping all day, but I had a very good night's sleep, thankfully.

So I decided to tough it out at work today.  I'm exhausted, my stomach hurts, and I feel out of it so I'm only planning to catch up on emails and correspondences and then leave for the day and rest.  Because it's Monday, my mom will have Piper at her house so if I go home, I might actually be able to rest.  That is of course unless Bryce gets's only a matter of time, let's face it.  I would be shocked if he didn't get it.  Not that I want him to.  I've tried my best to keep it contained using Clorox wipes to clean up constantly.  I bleached the bathrooms after Caroline got better and I need to do the same tonight.  (No energy yesterday, obviously.)

It's been 3 years since a stomach virus went through our house.  I guess we were due.  It just really sucks by how sick I got and when mom is sick, the house is just thrown for a loop. Jason was able to brew beer outside yesterday so I'm glad he did that and took care of most of the other household stuff.  Some birthday, huh, babe?  Happy Birthday, Jason!  I hope you don't get sick!

Will catch up on my Disney posts soon....

No comments: